Recently Philips launched a new line of air fryers that allow you to fry with up 90% less fat, whereas before this was up to 70%. In this review, we are going to look at the Philips Avance Digital Twin Turbostar Airfryer XXL, which is a large family size model with the capacity to fry two bags of frozen fries or a whole chicken.
First off, out of the box, you get the whole unit assembled and ready to go. All you really need to do is plug it into a power source and clean the three separate trays. The first tray is your basket, which will serve for your food placement. The basket is a decent size and measures out 9″ x 9″ with a depth of 4″.
Air fryers are not extremely large but it’s not small. While they are not as enormous as full-blown toaster ovens, they tend to occupy lots of counter space. The Philips Avance Digital Twin Turbostar Airfryer XXL is a sizeable investment with plenty of room for food.
An air fryer allows you to fry food by using superheated air. It’s possible it uses the same method some of the infrared grills that can heat food in under minutes, the only difference it does not have any open flames. Moreover, it comes pretty close to frying food in minutes all depending on the serving size.
Obviously larger meals such as whole chickens will take longer versus smaller meals like fish sticks. With the Phillips air fryer, you are not limited to just frying food but you can also bake with it too. You have a wide variety of things this unit can do and frying food is just the tip of the iceberg.
This unit is very easy to use and provides cooking recipes to help guide you in the right direction. If you have, a family of five you would say that’s about the limit at which this unit can serve. If you have a bigger family you may find yourself having to refill the unit a couple more times to make enough food for the whole family.
This robust cooker can cook up 3-pound batches of potatoes, frozen snacks, or French fries. It has enough space to fit a full-size chicken though the small kinds. The Airfryer is powerful with a strong 1,725-watt heating system. What’s more, the air fryer deserves commands some respect with its clever way of cooking with practically no oil.
It’s no doubt an exceptional product. However, every gadget comes with its downside. First of all, the Phillips Airfryer XXL comes with a steep price tag. Compared to other Airfryer it’s somehow overpriced and it lacks some features such as an automatic stirring arm in other products.
Secondly, its timer is unstoppable. Once you set it, you can’t stop it midway. Hopefully, they review that. In addition, we are all curious about what’s cooking in the pot, but the Phillips Airfryer does not have a peephole. Therefore, it is impossible to check on the cooking progress, it is until the cooking time is over, that is how you know how well the food is fried. On the bright side, it produces enough heat so the food is cooked evenly.
All things considered, the Philips Airfryer XXL resembles any number of kitchen air fryers swarming the market. It is an egg-molded container with a level top and base. Its black body is made of plastic and steel too. The XXL’s controls are entirely basic as there are only two dials. A handle over the cooker controls its inward temperature. A huge timer dial (0 to an hour) sits reporting in real-time fryer’s front face. The clock likewise fills in as the fryer’s power capacity switch.
Right below the timer is a huge handle. Pulling it towards you opens a cabinet that holds the fryer’s nourishment crate. The container’s base is metal, mesh and removable. You can take the container out as well. Beneath that are two additional parts. There is a major skillet with a scalloped base and profound sides. A slender plate with a star-formed pattern rests freely inside the dish.
As indicated by Philips, the two pieces have the ability to trap any oil and fat that may trickle down from nourishment in the bin. The inventors say the pan is raised, scalloped base acts to focus the hot air onto the food inside.
All this can be confusing especially since you can remove them separately. To make it worse, the Air fryers are a pain to wash by hand. Since it is made of thin metal with hard edges, you will need to be extra careful when hand washing. Else, you risk pinching or scratching your skin. Luckily, you can safely throw it in the dishwasher.
What ‘s the Philips Airfryer XXL?
The new and unique Philips Airfryer XXL uses hot air to fry your favorite foods with little or no added oil. By combining a 1725W powerful heater and motor with our new and unique Twin Turbostar technology, the hot air swirls fast, like a tornado – throughout the entire cooking basket resulting in even heat distribution. Since all the food is exposed to this constant circulating heat, it is cooked through while also extracting excess fat from food capturing it in the fat reducer at the bottom.
[content-egg module=Amazon template=custom/gallery_images] [content-egg module=Amazon template=custom/simple_list]
- Fryer Material: the exterior part of the Airfryer is made of plastic. This helps to minimize the weight of the air fryer. On the inside, the accessories are made of non-stick stainless steel.
- Fryer Wattage: the fryer has the wattage of 1725. It offers you with a temperature range of 175F- 400F.
- Certification: Phillips Airfryer XXL is ETL certified and FDA approved.
- Fryer Capacity: this fryer has enough room to prepare a meal for up to five people. However, it also depends on what you are making. Otherwise, you will have to cook more than one round
- Nonstick Basket: the Phillips Airfryer XXL comes with a non-stick air basket and other fancy accessories to help you prepare your meals with ease.
- Warranty: it depends on the different sellers. Always ask about it before you buy it.
- Cookbook (100 Recipe): The product comes with a free cookbook with different recipes and servings. They even provide an app you can use in the event that you wish to seek new ideas with food to cook. Some of the recipes include stuffed capsicums, fish cakes, roast chicken, pork, vegetables, bread, scotch fillet, seafood, fresh chicken wings, drumsticks, potatoes, sausages, meatballs, whole chicken, soups, French fries, cakes, pies, and veggies among many more.
- Cooking time: The Philips Airfryer XXL requires no pre-heating and cooks foods fast so getting dinner on the table is quick and easy. The 60-minute cooking timers have a temperature dial of 175 – 400°F that offers full control throughout the cooking process. All you need to set a timer for the meal you are preparing, some food takes a few minutes others longer. It all depends on the size. Moreover, you can read the instructions to understand the concept better.
- Oil or Oil less Cooker: The new and unique Philips Airfryer XXL uses hot air to fry your favorite foods with little or no added oil. By combining a powerful heater and motor with our new Twin Turbostar technology, the hot air in the Airfryer swirls like a powerful tornado – throughout the entire cooking basket. Designed to extract more fat from your food and capture it all in the fat reducer for easy disposal. Philips Airfryer with Twin Turbostar technology also saves you and your home from the smell of fried oil compared to a regular fryer
Pros: (Positive reviews about the product)
- Cooks food in a much healthier way compared to a conventional oil fryer.
- Cooking time is much faster than a conventional oven.
- It’s safer to use than a deep fryer that can cause burns.
- It’s easier to clean than an oil fryer.
- The machine has a compartment in the back that holds the cord when not in use.
- It is large enough to cook food for around five people.
- It cooks evenly and consistently.
Cons: ( negative reviews about the product)
- There is no on/off switch. You must wait for the timer to count down, or you must force it to zero (potentially breaking the timer, which would mean you cannot power the machine on at all).
- The chime for the timer is incredibly quiet. Instead, you will be alerted that the time has ended as the fan stops blowing and the machine shuts off.
- Cooking time is generally much slower than frying in oil.
- Often dries out food if you do not have the perfect cooking time.
- It is often difficult to locate the appropriate cooking time as many foods are missing from the Recipe App and manufacturers do not put Air Fryer cooking time in their instructions.
- Food cooks best in a single layer as the hot air does not flow around all sides as grease would in a fryer. This means that when cooking items such as fries, you must frequently open the drawer and shake the basket to obtain even crisping.
- The fan makes a fair amount of noise and is certainly louder than a fryer or a conventional oven.
- The machine is large when compared to the size of the basket inside. It occupies a lot of space in the kitchen.
- It seems as though no thought was put into the design. The machine is just a giant black box that most will want to hide away (if only there was enough space to store this beast).
- A great number of the recipes within the app require accessories that are sold separately.
[wpsm_highlight color=”red”]The air fryer comes with a non-functioning timer. You turn it on and then you need to time the food yourself. There is no automatic turnoff since the timer sticks in position. It is simply technology so it is poor workmanship for the timer to be broken.[/wpsm_highlight]
You are also going to receive a cookbook with a different recipe and serving sizes. The guide included helps you with directions on cooking temperatures and times for various common items. They even provide an app you can use in the event that you wish to seek new ideas with food to cook.
It also comes with extra accessories such as a party master kit, baking master kit, and grill master kit, to help you cook with ease.
In general, you need an Airfryer that is easy to use and delivers everything it promises. Phillips Airfryer XXL is exactly what you are looking for. It is built with enough room to make tasty crisp food with minimal oil.
The best part is that you do not have to worry about hot oil accidents as the food is enclosed in the container and cooks silently as you tend to other things. Well, you do not have to wait that long as your people starve. In a few minutes (or more depending on the size of food), it is ready to serve. Once the cooking time is over, it shuts off and will not overcook your food. In this case, it would be too dry.
This model has two analog dials, one for temperature, and one for time, which can be set in seconds and you are ready to go. There is no preheating required like a traditional oven, and the rapid convection airflow makes it cook faster than traditional oven baking.
With the recipe book and added accessories, you have room to try out new recipes and enjoy your Airfryer for a long time. This is definitely a good choice for everyone with a hunger for tasty meals without the much hustle of the typical grease fryer. In case, you are worried it is just as easy to clean. Here, you are only limited by your curiosity.
Phillips Airfryer is a good investment and you should definitely go for it.
Price Drop Alert
[content-egg module=Amazon template=price_tracker_alert]