I have reviewed dozens of deep fryers across every price range. Interestingly, each one was special in its own way. This shouldn’t confuse you in case you want the best deep fryer for turkey, fries, chicken wings and fish, and you do not know where to begin.
While doing my research, I realized that some deep fryers performed better than others due to the features they possess. So, I came up with a top 5 best deep fryer for turkey, so that you know exactly what to expect, in case you choose to buy a deep fryer.
In the next section, I will elaborate on the main features of each deep fryer. Further, I will tell you the pros and cons of each deep fryer as well as how to pick the best deep fryer from the market.
After reading this article, you’ll get a clear picture of what the best turkey deep fryer is, whether for home or commercial use.
Why do you need a deep fryer?
A deep fryer is an appliance that fries some kind foods to give better results than what you’ll get from an ordinary pan. Additionally, the frying process is faster because, typically, the deep fryer is a kind of high-pressure cooker. This saves you time.
For your information, this is a long article. Read the entire article, or click on the section of interest, if you do not have time to go through the entire article.
Here are the 3 sections:
- The top 5 best deep fryers for Turkey, Chicken Wings, Fries, Fish
- The Buyer’s Guide: How to pick the best deep fryer (What to look for)
- Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s look at the deep fryers.
The Top 5 Best Deep Fryer for Turkey, Chicken Wings, Fries, Fish:
The Hamilton beach professional-grade offers a powerful kitchen alliance. Its power consumption is 1800 Watts, which is reasonable for its 4.5 oil capacity basket. With such a large fry-basket, you cannot only feed masses but also fry large-sized food like turkey. No wonder, it is termed as best deep fryer for turkey!
What’s sets this appliance apart from the rest is its fast action, and even frying. As such, you can use it in restaurants to prepare various meals within minutes.
If you want less mess in your kitchen, and you love your safety, the Hamilton beach professional-grade deep fryer is the appliance for you. The lid is vented to prevent splatter, and you can watch your chicken wings, fries, fish, etch, as they fry through the view window conveniently located in the lid.
However, unlike other deep fryers, this type comes with only one chrome-plated basket. The good news is the basket has hooks for easy draining of fats.
- Dishwasher-safe baskets
- Large frying tray capacity 12 cup food capacity and 19 cups / 4.5 Litres oil capacity
- Adjustable temperature
- Breakaway cord for safety
- Has a view window on the lid. The lit serves in preventing splatters while frying
- Adjustable timer with an audible tone
- Power light / ready light
- Easy to clean
- Easy to disassemble and assemble
- The fryer heats up quickly
- It fries food evenly
- Its cooking capacity is plenty for frying turkey
- It cooks so fast – shrimp takes 2 minutes
- Customers complained of coating on the deep fryer pot getting off after dishwashing
- The Teflon coated reservoir pan tends to allow oil gum on its surface, and when you scrub it, the coating comes off too.
The Masterbuilt MB23012418 is built to deep fry turkey, hence the best deep fryer for turkey. It is made and tested to meet both home and commercial use standards. It features dishwasher safe pot, drains valve, basket, and lid.
Its heating element requires only 1,650-watts, and the basket can accommodate up to 20 pounds of turkey or 5 lbs. of chicken wings. But what is impressive about this deep fryer is its ability to use 1/3 less oil than normal deep fryers. Again, the built-in drain valve is unique to this Masterbuilt MB23012418 fryer.
I bet you’ll love the Chrome-wire basket with patented drain clips, where you can fry oil or boil/steam with water.
- Extra Large Basket
- Magnetic breakaway cord for safety
- 1,650-watt heating element
- Chrome-wire basket with drain clips
- Dishwasher safe components, i.e., pot, basket, lid, drain valve
- The extra-large fry basket makes it ideal for frying a whole turkey or a large number of chicken wings
- It cooks turkey at 167 degrees in less than an hour
- Dishwasher-proof makes clean-up excellent
- Getting the right settings on this fryer is easy
- Possess a safety feature
- It’s poor at maintaining heat
The T-fal FR8000 is a modest deep fryer, but powerful enough for your home kitchen. The oil capacity of 3.5 Litres (2.65-pound food capacity) and a powerful 1700 watt superior immersed heating elements, you are guaranteed nothing but a perfect deep-frying experience.
You can fix the basket in two possible positions, i.e., frying position and hanging it to drain the oil. Its handle makes it easy to transport food as well as the store.
I mainly found two features to be handy in the T-fal FR8000 fryer. First, the precise thermostat control which contributes towards precise cooking. Secondly, the automatic oil filtration feature, which separates the dirty oil from the clean oil. With such a function, you are guaranteed of health meals any time you deep fry.
- Precise thermostat control
- Has removable parts and dishwasher safe
- The oil capacity of 3.5 liter
- 65-pound food capacity
- Has automatic oil filters
- It heats up nicely
- Has easy to use controls
- Disassembling the unit makes it easy to clean, especially accumulated crusty bits. Again, it comes with the advantage of not worrying about wetting electrical parts.
- The cooking depth between the basket and the “max oil” line is shallow, barely covering an average-sized breaded chicken drummette. Therefore, you need to turn the food as you fry manually
The Secura Triple-Basket Fryer has 4.2 liters of oil capacity and 1700 watts of power. Such a combination of wattage and fryer size makes feeding larger groups easy. This power cooks food faster thanks to the short turnaround time while reheating oil.
What sets this model apart is loads of features it offers. First, Secura Triple-Basket deep fryer comes with three distinct baskets: two standard-sized baskets and one extra-large basket.
Compared to Most large deep fryers, these baskets are sold separately. Therefore, this deal provides you with great value.
- 2 Litre Fryer Oil Capacity
- 1700 Watts
- Safety timer
- Large deep fryer
- Odor-reducing lid
- Interchangeable fryer baskets
- Adjustable thermostat
- Easy Clean-up
- The three baskets are a good thing
- It is easy to use and easy to clean
- Has large handles which make it easy to remove the lid
- Heats up fast keeps temp
- Its filters on the lid effectively control the smell of frying
- The power cord does not firmly go into the back
The Cuisinart CDF-170 is a no-nonsense deep fryer perfect for home use. It features a 4-Quart oil container and 2.3 pounds of food capacity.
While this countertop kitchen appliance doesn’t have any wowing features, it is an excellent performer and comes at a perfect price.
The 1800 watts is more than enough to heat the 4 quarts of oil within a short time. This makes it a fast-acting deep fryer.
Again, not only is it the best deep fryer for turkey, for its size, but it has the highest rating when it comes to maintaining oil temperature between uses.
- 1800 Watts
- 4-quart oil capacity
- 7-pound food capacity
- Maintains temperature after use
- Designed for an easy clean-up
- Offers a straightforward clean-up process
- The fryer gets hot rather quick
- Has a compact design; thus, doesn’t take much of your kitchen counter space
- Excellent at maintaining the temperature
- Some customers found the basket to be much flimsy
The Buyer’s Guide: How to Pick the Best Deep Fryer for Turkey (What to Look For)
I know you love fried foods, and at least you’ll like to make them at your home. A deep fryer is the only appliance that will let make such foods to perfection. If you are interested in buying one, and you are not sure of what to consider, this section is for you. We tell you the essential features that the best deep fryer for turkey should have.
- Capacity: look at the oil capacity of the fry basket as well as the numbers of this basket. For instance, under specifications, you’ll see “19 cups”. For turkey, you need the largest capacity so that you cook once.
- Oil disposal: chances are you’ll re-use the oil. In fact, some deep fryers will allow to use the oil up 6 times. Eventually, you will dispose of the oil. You must know how to dispose of the oil safely. Two things are essential: buy a deep fryer that allows you to re-use the oil, and second, it must have a safe oil disposal mechanism.
- Safety: frying is sensitive and prone to fires. Though electric deep fryers have lower risk, they are still dangerous if not correctly used. Typically, the oil can get hot and combust. If you buy an electric deep fryer, look for safety features such as:
- Automatic shutoff – it responds immediately the oil reaches unsafe temperatures
- Break-off cord –detaches from the fryer when the cable is disturbed, instead of the whole deep fryer tipping over
- Lid/cover – prevents the oil from spilling over while frying, thus reducing the risk of an explosion. Additionally, the lid may reduce spatter.
- Wattage and temperature: these values vary with the country. However, the majority operate between 1800 and 2200 watts. In this review, the highest is 1800W, which is pretty good. Higher wattage means it heats the oil quickly. On the other hand, deep fryers work well at an average temperature of 375ºF. Those that have temperature control allows you to increase or decrease the heat.
- Ease of use and cleaning: those that have detachable parts are easy to clean. Some have dishwasher-proof parts, which makes it easier to clean. How the oil drains also affects the ease of cleaning.
Other Important features include:
- Oil Change Notification
- Easy Drainage System
- Built-in Thermostat
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does a deep fryer take to warm up?
It takes between 20 to 30 minutes. However, it depends on the size of the deep fryer. Smaller types can take an average of 20 minutes to properly heat up, while large ones will take up to 30 minutes.
How do you clean the grease on the deep fryer basket?
Wash with vinegar and baking soda. If the basket has stubborn oil stains, clean using vinegar and warm water, but first soak it before scrubbing. Finally, rinse with water until it is clean.
How often should you change the oil in the deep fryer?
You can use the oil up to ten times. Keep in mind; the oil loses much of its vigor and virtues if it stays in the deep fryer for over 6 months. It is advisable to remove the oil after every use, strain it and store it correctly until the next use. The bottom line is it depends on what you are cooking.
What oil is the best for a deep fryer?
Experts advise that Peanut Oil and Canola Oil are ideal for deep frying because they have a high smoke point. Peanut oil smokes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit while canola oil smokes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. That means they will remain stable throughout the deep-frying process.
Do deep fryers have any disadvantages?
Deep fryers can lead to higher levels of bad cholesterol which is dangerous to the health
For the fact that we love deep-fried turkey, chicken wings, fries, etc., finding the easiest and perfect way of frying food is reasonable. The best deep fryer for turkey offers such an opportunity. I believe this information will help you make the right decision.